DAV Centre for Academic Excellence is a full-fledged department of DAV College Managing Committee. It was created in December 2013 with the merger of DAV Education Board, DAV Institute of In-service Education and Research and Academic Audit.
The purpose of amalgamating these units was to synchronize their endeavours for optimal use of man, money and material available. The Centre is committed to provide continuous academic support to promote excellence in DAV schools located in every nook and corner of the country.
DAVCMC envisions value based holistic education infused with Vedic wisdom and modernity, the research oriented scientific knowledge. Excellence is the hallmark of DAV education and in pursuance of excellence, the Organisation has come a long way in creating state-of-the-art infrastructure, dedicated professionals, faculty and task force to meet the challenges of change.
The Center is engaged in designing instructional materials and textbooks for classes LKG to standard VIII for DAV Model/Public Schools across the nation. However, textbooks are written as per NCERT guidelines in National Curriculum Framework 2005, but infusion of Vedic values in text is unique feature of DAV Publication.
The Centre also designs innovative, interactive child friendly instructional materials including teaching learning aids, kits, multimedia audio and visual CDs for classes LKG to standard VIII.
Similarly, the Centre is involved in the designing of evaluation material comprising question papers, marking scheme for classes VIII & XI in accordance with CBSE’s guidelines and evaluation and reporting guidelines for classes LKG to standard II.
Another responsibility entrusted to the Centre is academic audit of schools. This exercise is carried out at a regular interval by the audit teams consisting of experienced DAV Principals and educationists to identify the potential areas and shortfall in quality in DAV Schools for taking further course of action.
Last but not the least, the most important component of DAVCAE is in-service training of DAV work force employed in DAV schools across the country. In-service training is a continuous feature in DAV Institutions for capacity building of Heads of DAV Schools, teachers, non-academic staff, students and parents.
Regional Training Centres have been created under the direct supervision and control of Regional Directors to enable them to take onus of the professional growth and development of teachers in their respective zone(s). RTCs are equipped with appropriate infrastructure, resources, efficient in-house resource persons for planning, designing and conducting training on a regular basis at all levels.
The Centre provides constant academic support to the RTCs for the smooth conduct of training in schools. Training modules and materials are provided to the RTCs for use by the in-house resource persons.
The Centre conducts training courses for Regional Director, Principals and for teachers on requests.
Framework of DAV Centre for Academic Excellence
- Designing of textbooks and other Educational Material
- Designing of evaluation material (question papers) for classes VIII & XI as per CBSE Guidelines and evaluation and reporting guidelines for classes LKG to standard II
- Academic Audit
- In-service training programmes for DAV Taskforce.
Aims of the Centre
In order to extend continuous support to DAV Schools to achieve excellence while imparting holistic education to the children, the Centre aims at
- Designing curriculum guidelines, textbooks, need based instructional materials for classes LKG to VIII of DAV Institutions.
- Designing evaluation materials (question papers) for classes VIII & XI as per CBSE’s guidelines and evaluation and reporting guidelines for classes LKG to standard II.
- Evaluating strengths and shortfall in quality in DAV Public/Model Schools through academic audit.
- Devising in-service Training Programmes for capacity building of DAV taskforce.
- Creating Regional Training Centers (RTCs) for capacity building of teachers at zonal level.
- Conducting training courses for Regional Directors, Principals and teachers too.
- Equipping RTCs with required resources and material for organizing training independently.
To achieve the desired goal of promoting excellence in DAV Institutions the objectives envisaged by the Centre are
- a) To revise already designed DAV textbooks, curriculum guidelines and allied Instructional materials.
b) To write new textbooks and design new instructional materials.
2. a) To develop evaluation material comprising question papers, marking scheme for classes VIII and XI as per CBSE’s guidelines.
b) To revise already designed evaluation and reporting guidelines for classes LKG to standard II.
3. a) To create working groups of experienced in house Principals, educationists and superannuated Principals for Academic Audit of DAV Schools.
b) To analyse and collate the reports of audit team and grade the institutions accordingly.
4. a) To create Regional Training Centres for continuous need based in-service training of teachers and non-academic staff.
b) To develop need based in-service training module for DAV schools.
c) To design in-service-training programmes of long and short durations for various levels of DAV Principals, teachers and non- academic staff.
d) To groom in-house master trainers for planning, designing and conducting training at regional level.
The Executive Body of the Centre shall comprise of the following:
- Chairman: Shri Punam Suri, President of DAV College Managing Committee.
- Vice- Presidents:
- Shri Prabodh Mahajan
- Shri T. R. Gupta
- Shri Mohan Lal
- Shri N.K. Oberoi
- Shri Ravinder Kumar
- Shri J.K. Kapur
- Director Academics: Dr Nisha Peshin